Coda is a developer tool that gives you all the tools for building web application development tools in an innovative one-window web development app environment. By having Coda installed on your Mac, you can eliminate the need of having five or six separate programs for coding, testing, and reference, making your project management much more streamlined and easier to manage from the dashboard of just a single versatile app.
With Coda, everything we do is finally in one place and can be just as unique as we are. – Landon Durnan
Coda is neither perfect nor cheap (and we’re getting antsy for Coda 2.0), but if you’re searching for a reasonably priced Web design tool on the Mac, Coda is a solid choice.
||Mac OS 10.12 Sierra or better
||2 GHz Intel i5 or better
||4 GB RAM
||2 GB available space
||Coda Web Development App for Mac V 2.7.6
What has it added to Coda lately?
Plug-ins: This is huge! Teach the app new tricks, and extend its functionality, lickety-split. Download plug-ins that others have written, or write your own plug-ins using your favorite scripting language. This is just the beginning — learn more in the Coda Developer Zone. We look forward to seeing what you make!
Open quickly: Hit Control-Q to instantly access the Open Quickly window. Type a few letters of the local file you want to edit, anywhere on your site. Kajang! Instantly open it. It’s Spotlight for your website files!
Smart Spelling: Spell check your words — not your code. And in macOS 10.5, do it as you type!
Subversion: Work with a team using the most popular source control system there is, baked right into the sidebar. Check out code, update, commit changes — yep, the program just saved you even more time.
Find across files: You can now find and replace text across multiple local files — open files, files in a specific folder, or the files in your “site” — using the same sleek, inline search bar you know and love.
Better User Interface
- Visual Tabs. Find files quickly, and see more tabs at once.
- Customizable Sidebar. Put your favorite, powerful Coda tools in the sidebar dock.
- Streamlined Workflow. You’ll always know what you’re looking at.
- Code Focus. Hide the sidebar, or go full-screen, and get work done.
Better Text Editing
- Code Folding.
- Smart Complete. Autocomplete your custom variables + functions.
- Automatic Indentation
- Smarter Automatic Closing Tags
- Tab Key Text-Shifting
- One-Press Character Wrapping
Better File Management
- Git: In addition to SVN, now you can manage source with GIT.
- Complete File Management: FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3, with a Transmit interface.
- Transmit Twin-Turbo Engine: Some of the fastest file transfer in the industry.
- Path Bar Browsing: Click a path bar segment for an instant file list.
- Open Quickly: Pop it open, type a few characters, and find what you’re looking for.
- Group Folders Above Files: A very popular request.
Features of Coda – Web Development App
- Integrated file browser
- Fully-featured text editor
- CSS editor
- Built-in terminal
- Complete set of references
Pros and Cons of Coda – Web Development App
|Integration of core features
||Can be overwhelming for first-time users
|Collection of built-in books
Conclusion of Coda Web Development App
This isn’t a web development app for everyone, but if you are a programmer or developer, it’s a must-have! Your iOS devices are incredible computers, and with Coda, you can do even more from the palm of your hand.