Sublime Text Editor is a comprehensive word processing tool that includes an attractive and easy-to-use interface, dedicated to anyone who is looking for an alternative text editor with rich features. It is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup, and prose. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features, and amazing performance.
You are greeted by a single window with a dark gray background where you can start typing text. The status bar shows the line and column number, tab size, and text format.
Options are broken down into multiple entries accessible in the menu bar. Apart from using basic controls like undo and redo, you can indent, unindent, duplicate, delete, join or swap lines, as well as toggle comments, transpose, and insert lines before or after the selected text.
Sublime Text Editor Features
Beautiful User Interface:
- Side by side multi-pane editing
- Minimap: see your code from 10,000 feet
- Full-screen mode: use all your pixels, all the time
- Nothing but text mode: the text, the whole text, and nothing but the text
- Multiple color schemes, with several included, and much more available for download
- Bracket highlighting
- Autosave: never lose your changes, not even if the dog thinks power cords are tasty
- A rich selection of editing commands, including indenting / unindenting, paragraph reformatting, the line joining and much more
- Multiple selections: Simplify many tasks that used to require macros or regular expression
- Column select
- Regular expression search and replace
- Incremental find as you type
- Preserve case on replace
- Bookmarks: Makes navigating through long files a breeze
- Spell check as you type
- Bracket matching
- Commenting and uncommenting blocks of text
- Asynchronous file loading, so you’re never blocked when loading files off slow network drives
- Fully customizable key bindings, menus, and toolbar
- Rich key binding language including sequenced key bindings, regular expression key matches, contextual bindings, and parameterized bindings
- Python plugins with a rich API
- Repeat the last action
- Build tool integration
- Automatic build on save
- WinSCP integration for editing remote files via SCP and FTP
Other Features of Sublime Text Editor
Use Goto Anything to open files with only a few keystrokes, and instantly jump to symbols, lines, or words.
Make ten changes at the same time, not one change ten times. Multiple selections allow you to interactively change many lines at once, rename variables with ease, and manipulate files faster than ever.
The Command Palette holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting, changing the syntax, and changing the indentation settings. With just a few keystrokes, you can search for what you want, without ever having to navigate through the menus or remember obscure key bindings.
Distraction Free Mode
When you need to focus, Distraction-Free Mode is there to help you out. Distraction-Free Mode is full screen, chrome-free editing, with nothing but your text in the center of the screen. You can incrementally show elements of the UI, such as tabs and the find panel, as you need them.
Get the most out of your widescreen monitor with split editing support. Edit files side by side, or edit two locations in the one file. You can edit with as many rows and columns as you wish.
Instant Project Switch
Projects in the tool capture the full contents of the workspace, including modified and unsaved files. You can switch between projects in a manner similar to Goto Anything, and the switch is instant, with no save prompts – all your modifications will be restored next time the project is opened. Download Sublime Text Offline Installer Setup 64bit for Windows PC!
The program has a powerful, Python-based plugin API. Along with the API, it comes with a built-in Python console to interactively experiment in real-time.
Key Bindings, Menus, Snippets, Macros, Completions and more – just about everything in the software is customizable with simple JSON files. This system gives you flexibility as settings can be specified on a per-file type and per-project basis.
The app is available for macOS, Windows, and Linux. One license is all you need to use the app on every computer you own, no matter what operating system it uses. SublimeText uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed and beauty while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
You may wrap selections with tags, fold colors, convert cases, wrap paragraphs, sort, and permute lines. Some important points of this code editor let you split a selection into lines or expand it to the line, word, paragraph, scope, brackets, indentation, or tag.
A search function is available throughout the text and for files. You may switch to full-screen mode, customize the layout (e.g. columns, grid), enable syntax highlighting (e.g. Perl, PHP, SQL, XML), use a spell checker, as well as record and save macros, among many other options.
Pros And Cons of Sublime Text Editor Software
||Code navigation could be better
|Handy minimap on the side
||No built-in code completion
|Works with many coding languages
||Doesn’t support Zen Coding
|Support for macros and plug-ins
|Lots of updates
||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
||Sublime Text Software For Windows V 3211
||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Polish
Sublime Text has a good response time and minimal impact on system performance, using a very low amount of CPU and RAM. Thanks to its modern interface and myriad of advanced options, Sublime Text should please experienced users who are looking for an all-around text editor.