Blender is a free and open-source 3d computer animation Software. It supports the entirety of the 3D modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
Advanced users employ Blender’s API for Python scripting to customize the application and write specialized tools; often these are included in future releases. It is well suited to individuals and small studios who benefit from its unified pipeline and responsive development process.
Computer animation is one way to liberate people from their circumstantial gravity, and it is one way to give them mental freedom. – Cai Guo-Qiang
Blender is cross-platform and runs equally well on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh computers. Its interface uses OpenGL to provide a consistent experience. It has no price tag, but you can invest, participate, and help to advance a powerful collaborative tool. Blender is your own 3D software.
||Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Linux.
||64-bit Dual-core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support
||4 GB RAM (16 GB RAM Recommended)
||Available USB Port (for users with existing hardware dongles)
||1 GB RAM, OpenGL 3.3
||Blender for Mac V 2.90
||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese
Feature of Blender 3D Computer Animation Software
Cycles Render Engine
Cycles are Blender’s built-in powerful unbiased path-tracer engine that offers stunning ultra-realistic rendering.
- Real-time viewport preview
- CPU & GPU rendering
- PBR shaders & HDR lighting support
- VR rendering support
Modeling, Sculpt, UV
Blender’s comprehensive array of modeling tools make creating, transforming, and blender editing software your models a breeze.
- Full N-Gon support
- Edge slide, inset, grid and bridge fill, and more
- Advanced sculpting tools and brushes
- Multi-resolution and Dynamic subdivision
- 3D painting with textured brushes and masking
- Python scripting for custom tools and add-ons
VFX professionals say: “Probably the best tracker in the market”. Blender includes production ready camera and object tracking. Allowing you to import raw footage, track the footage, mask areas, and see the camera movements live in your 3D scene. Eliminating the need to switch between programs.
- Auto and Manual tracking
- Powerful camera reconstruction
- Real-time preview of your tracked footage and 3D scene
- Support for Planar tracking and Tripod solvers
Animation and Rigging
The high-quality rigging and 3D computer animation tools, Blender is being used for numerous short films, advertisements, TV series, and feature films now.
- Envelope, skeleton, and automatic skinning
- B-spline interpolated bones
- Curve editor and dope sheets
- Custom bone shapes for fast input
- Sound synchronization
Story Art, Drawing 2D in 3D
Really! Drawing directly in a 3D viewport makes a lot of sense. It opens unsurpassed workflow freedom for story-boarders and 2D artists.
- Combine 2D with 3D right in the viewport
- Full Animation Support with Onion Skinning
- Layers & Colors for Stroke and Fill
- Sculpt brush strokes & Parent to 3D objects
Make it Your Own
Blender has a flexible Python controlled interface. Layout, colors, size, and even fonts can be adjusted. Use hundreds of add-ons by the community or create your own using Blender’s accessible Python API.
- Customize the interface layout and colors
- Hi-res/Retina screen support
- Create your own tools and add-ons
- Draw over the OpenGL viewport
- Connect with Blender’s Render API
The blender comes packed with import/export support for many different programs.
- Save all scene data in a single .blend file
- blend format supports compression, digital signatures, encryption, forwards/backward compatibility and can be used as a library to link to from other .blend files
- Read / Write TGA, JPG, PNG, Iris, SGI Movie, IFF, AVI and Quicktime GIF, TIFF, PSD, MOV (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Native import and export for DXF, Inventor and VRML files, with python scripts available for many other 3D formats
- Create stand-alone executables containing interactive 3D content or playback with the 3d web browser plugin
Fire and Smoke
Fire simulation was added to the Smoke Simulator. The domain received major updates to improve performance and usability. Smoke can be emitted from mesh surfaces, without the need for a particle system. A smoke flow force field was added to improve interaction with other simulations. Colored smoke simulation and mixing are possible and the interaction of smoke with collision objects has been improved.
The bevel tool now includes rounding and was otherwise much improved, preserving the requested bevel width more evenly and generating better topology. A new symmetrize tool was added to make mesh topology and data symmetric.
Pros and Cons of Blender 3D Computer Animation Software
|An incredible variety of features
||Aimed at advanced users
|Extensive online help
||The variety of tools can be overwhelming
||Requires steep learning curve
Blender – 3d computer animation software for Mac provides all of the functionality you’d like to create 3D graphics program, all through a smooth and intuitive interface. It’s completely free to download and use. While it may take some time to master all that this program can do, it will be time well spent in the end.