Autodesk 123D Design is a powerful, but easy to use software application that enables people to create detailed 2D and 3D models.
One of the biggest differences between most 3D modeling software programs and It is that the latter allows you to create a certain object pretty quickly, as the program offers you a lot of quick options such as already made shapes (primitives) to which you can add certain details. Furthermore, you will see that you can use a lot of smart tools such as the patterning one, shelling, edge tweaking, and so on.
The interface is intuitive and has a modern design. You have the Main Toolbar to create and modify parts, a small cube in the upper right corner of the windows that will allow you to look at and orbit around the model you are creating.
A few features that will surely be loved by a number of people are the Snapping and Cruising options. The Cruising tool allows you to drag a primitive from one corner to another and it will stay at the same height. When you will drag a 2D or a 3D primitive onto any other piece, the Snapping tool will make it go to the nearest face or edge.
Autodesk 123D Design offers step by step tutorials and movies to all users, so as to be sure they understand all the key features that the product has to offer and they know exactly how to make use of all the options.
With this software, You can easily and quickly create detailed 2D or 3D models directly on your Windows PC. Very useful and amazing program for all 2D/3D artists and engineers. Enable users of 123D to create physical objects from their designs using 3D printing technology.
The Autodesk team making some changes to simplify our Autodesk portfolio and workflows for people everywhere who love to make things. We’re consolidating these tools and features into key apps such as Tinkercad, Fusion 360, and ReCap Pro (US site).
Autodesk 123D Design Features
- Create it: Quickly model your project with precision, so it can be ready for fabrication
- Shape it: Change a simple shape into something more interesting using smart tools, such as dynamic push-pull, smart patterning, symmetry, shelling, and edge tweaking
- Get content: Select from a wide variety of free models to start, add details, complete, or visualize your project
- Make it: Output for 3D printing or deliver your project to fabrication services
- Learn how: Get up to speed with step-by-step tutorials and movies that teach essential skills
Autodesk 123D Design Consists of the software
- Catch: Creates 3D models from a series of photographs taken at various angles using photogrammetry
- Sculpt+: Allows manipulation of virtual clay into a model
- Make: Allows creation of low-tech LOM-style solid models
- Design: Simplified program to create 3D models
- Creature: Allows creation of creatures in 3D on iPad
- Circuits: Virtual breadboarding and circuit design application
Pros And Cons of Autodesk 123D Design Software
|Ideal for CAD and 3D Modelling Amateurs
||Similar tools available
|A strong set of features and functionalities
||Experts can look elsewhere
||Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 or later with 2 GHz
||Minimum 1.5 GB RAM and recommended 2 GB RAM
|Hard Disk Space
||1.5+ GB free disk space (for installation)
||Autodesk 123D Design Software For Windows V 2.2.14
||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese