Stickies is a PC utility, wrote to try to cut down on the number of yellow notes that was leaving stuck to the monitor. It is a computerized version of those notes. The design goal behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores information in a single SQLITE database file.
Stickies will never support animated dancing figures, or play “Greensleeves”. They are instead yellow rectangular windows into which you can put some notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
The tool will never support animated dancing figures, or play “Greensleeves”. They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
Stickies is a desktop sticky notes utility developed by Zhorn Software, wrote to try to cut down on the number of yellow notes that was leaving stuck to the monitor. It is a computerized version of those notes.
Stickies Main features
- Once on screen, notes will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customized; fonts, colors, and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Notes can be resized.
- Stickies can store text or images
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- International language, Unicode and RTL text support
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to an application, web site, document or folder so they only show when it’s on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Stickies works with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a database file, and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications
- New data file format (using SQLITE)
- New (real-time) Settings dialog, replacing Options
- ‘Number in circle’ drawing tool
- ‘1, 2, or 3 days prior to’ added to the Recurrence dialog
- Recurring notes can be enabled/disabled
- Can set the colour of Manage folder icons
- Tab and shift-tab indent/outdent bullets
- Option for whether to add an extra space with checkboxes
- Option for whether to show content preview in Manage lists
- Option to disable hyperlinks in text notes
- Option for when ‘Go Away’ notes wake up tomorrow
- Option for the default image save type
- Option to set the size of new Stacks
- Option for new notes to be rolled up
- Option for single-clicking the tray icon to open the Manage dialog
- Three options for the UI when grabbing the screen
- Command line parameter -allowmultiple to permit two instances of app to run at once
- Command line parameter -newstickyfromscreen to permit two instances of app to run at once
- Command line parameter -showhideall to permit two instances of app to run at once
- Command line parameter -showsettings to open Settings dialog
- Secret ‘text.fontlist.override’ option created