Navicat is a Database Management software that is also used for development. The software is developed and owned by PremiumSoft CyberTech Ltd. and was started in 2001 to simplify MySQL database installation and management, Navicat for MySQL is the ideal solution for MySQL/MariaDB administration and development. It is a single application that allows you to connect to MySQL and MariaDB databases simultaneously. Compatible with cloud databases like Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. This all-inclusive front-end provides an intuitive and powerful graphical interface for database management systems, development, and maintenance.
The information you lose when your memory crashes.~ Dave Barry
Navicat for MySQL (mac) also helps you import data into your databases from XLS, DBF, CSV, TXT, and XML files, and it also provides you with the option to transfer and keep data synchronized between different databases.
||Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.15 Catalina
||Navicat for MySQL Software For Mac V 15.0.22
||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese
||14-day fully functional free trial
Navicat grants users with the Navicat Cloud service. Sync your connection models, settings, queries, and virtual groups to the cloud so you obtain get real-time access to them anywhere and anytime. With Navicat Cloud, you can influence every minute of your day to improve your productivity.
It enables you to make safe SSH sessions over SSH Tunneling, assuring strong authentication and safe encryption among two hosts. The authentication technique can use a password or public and private key pair. It also comes with HTTP Tunneling, enabling you to bypass ISP restrictions on direct database server connections.
Navicat for MySQL integrates several useful utilities, such as Data Transfer, Import/Export, a Data Modeling Tool, SQL Builder and Editor, Report, Data/Structure Synchronization, and many more.
This software offers an intuitive and straightforward user interface, being easy to understand and use. This software will save you time and will improve your productivity, regardless of whether you are an advanced database developer or a novice user.
Create, customize, and design database items using professional object designers, ready to use for all database items such as Views, Tables, Functions and Procedures, and Events. Without the need to write SQL to make and edit objects, you will know just what you are working on.
Features of Navicat for MySQL Database Management
- Seamless Data Migration: Data Transfer, Data Synchronization, and Structure Synchronization help you migrate your data easier and faster for less overhead. Deliver detailed, step-by-step guidelines for transferring data across database management software. Compare and synchronize databases with Data and Structure Synchronization. Set up and deploy the comparisons in seconds, and get the detailed script to specify the changes you want to execute.
- Diversified Manipulation Tool: Use Import Wizard to transfer data into a database from diverse formats, or from ODBC after setting up a data source connection. Export data from tables, views, or query results to formats like Excel, Access, CSV, and more. Add, modify, and delete records with our spreadsheet-like Grid View together with an array of data editing tools to facilitate your edits. It gives you the tools you need to manage your data efficiently and ensure a smooth process.
- Easy SQL Editing: Visual SQL Builder will help you create, edit, and run SQL statements without having to worry about syntax and proper usage of commands. Code fast with Code Completion and customizable Code Snippet by getting suggestions for keywords and stripping the repetition from coding.
- Intelligent Database Designer: Create, modify, and manage all database objects using our professional object designers. Convert your databases into graphical representations using a sophisticated database design and modeling tool so you can model, create, and understand complex databases with ease.
- Data Visualization Tool: Charts feature lets you create visual representations of large data sets and help you to gain deeper insights from your data. Explore and unearth patterns, trends, and relations between data, and create effective visual outputs to present your findings in the dashboard for sharing.
- Increase your Productivity: The powerful local backup/restore solution guides you through the backup process and reduces the potential for errors. Set an automation for repeatable deployment processes like database backup and script execution at a specific time or day. No matter where you are, you can always get the job done.
- Make Collaboration Easy: Synchronize your connection settings, models, queries, and virtual groups to our Navicat Cloud service so you can get real-time access to them, and share them with your coworkers anytime and anywhere. With Navicat Cloud, you can leverage every minute of your day to maximize your productivity.
- Advanced Secure Connection: Establish secure connections through SSH Tunneling and SSL ensure every connection is secure, stable, and reliable. Support different authentication methods of database servers such as PAM authentication. It provides more authentication mechanisms and high-performance environments so you never have to worry about connecting over an insecure network.
- Cross-Platform Licensing: Cross-platform licensing is now available. Whether you’re operating on Windows, macOS, or Linux, you can purchase once and select a platform to activate and later on transfer your license.
- Dark Mode: Set a dark theme to protect your eyes from the traditionally blinding whiteness of the computer. No behavior changes with how pages look when you are in dark mode
Pros And Cons of Navicat for MySQL
|Drag and drop visual editor makes for easy query building.
||Would be nice if there was a native subquery builder like on some other tools.
|Excellent import/export options
||Sometimes it crashes. I also hate that sometimes you can’t save over your saved queries.
|Lots of advanced features
||Only works with the OS operating system
|Visual query builder and report builder
||Very few shortcut keys.
|Very easy to learn and use
||Launching the Import Wizard takes time
It proves to be a reliable solution for working on Navicat for MySQL database management projects. It worked smoothly throughout our evaluation and had minimal impact on computer performance.