The Google Meet App for everyone can safely create and join high-quality video meetings up to 250 people. All people are securely connected, collaborate, and celebrate from anywhere.
It helps your team stay securely connected with enterprise-grade video conferencing built on Google’s robust and secure global infrastructure. The meet is included with G Suite, G Suite Essentials, and G Suite for Education.
You can take advantage of the same secure-by-design infrastructure, built-in protection, and global network that Google uses to secure your information and safeguard your privacy. Meet video meetings are encrypted in transit and our array of default-on anti-abuse measures keep your meetings safe.
Easily view all your scheduled meetings for the day and join the meeting with just a tap, directly from the Gmail mobile app or the dedicated Meet app. Meetings organized by G Suite users also create a dial-in phone number for each meeting, so every guest has a great experience – even on the go without wifi or data.
Google Meet App is fully integrated with G Suite. Seamlessly jump into a video call from Chat or take document collaboration to the next level by connecting over video – everything ties together so you can always connect and collaborate in context.
Google Meet App Features
- Host unlimited high-definition video meetings
- Meet safely – video meetings are encrypted in transit and proactive anti-abuse measures help keep your meetings safe
- Easy access – just share a link and invited guests can join with one click from a desktop web browser or the Google Meet mobile app
- Share your screen to present documents, slides and more
- Follow along with real-time captions powered by Google speech-to-text technology
- This app provides a strong set of host controls such as the ability to admit or deny entry to a meeting, and mute or remove participants if needed.
- Google meet do not allow anonymous users (i.e., without a Google Account) to join meetings created by individual accounts.
- Meet meeting codes are complex by default and therefore resilient to brute-force “guessing.”
- Meet video meetings are encrypted in transit, and all recordings stored in Google Drive are encrypted in transit and at rest.
- It doesn’t require plugins to use Meet on the web. It works entirely in Chrome and other modern browsers, so it’s less vulnerable to security threats.
FAQ of Google Meet App
Can external participants join a call?
Absolutely. In fact, you can share the same link with all meeting participants, making it easier to get everyone you need on the call.
Is a third-party service required for dial-in access?
No. With G Suite, you have the ability to include a phone number and PIN on each of your meetings with no other configuration required.
||Varies With Device