Transmit for Mac is one of the best file transfer programs that enables you to maintain the connection to the servers on the internet that use FTP, SFTP, Amazon’s S3 and iDisk/WebDAV protocols. With its easy to use interface that was specifically crafted to look like a native part of your Mac OS system, you will have no problems with uploading, downloading and deleting your files. All of that and dozens of other useful features can be found in this great peace of free software.
Transmit is a powerful and versatile macOS application that makes it easy for you to manage and organize large files on various servers on clouds. With Transmit’s help, you can quickly and effortlessly transfer files to SFTP or FTP server, as well as Amazon S3 or WebDAV from within a user-oriented interface.
One of the reasons why Transmit became so popular on Mac was not only its incredibly large feature set that allowed its users to preform FTP management that was truly modern and optimized but its interface. Main dashboard of the tool is can showcase listing of data in both one or two panes, with several listing options, easy to set up your most commonly used FTP or cloud destinations, twin progress bar, image thumbnail viewer, fast transfer engine that is specially optimized for working with smaller files, file syncing tool, and more. Users can even spend just a few seconds and mount their favorite FTP or cloud destinations directly into their Finder, enabling them to perform file transfer operations even if Transmit for Mac is not active! With this feature, anyone can start moving files to and from your Mac with incredible ease.
It comes to a simple and reliable solution for users that need to maintain websites, upload numerous photos or perform backups.
Transmit comes with a “Twin-Turbo Engine”, multi-connection transfer and FXP support fact that makes it a fast, smooth-running and dependable client for most Mac users. On top of that, Transmit enables you to limit the bandwidth, synchronize or compare files with ease.
From Transmit’s two-panel window you can view the files stored locally and the ones saved on the server. At the same time, Transmit helps you create a list with favorite servers to add a new FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3 or WebDAV server.
The top toolbar allows you to switch between the thumbnail, list, column, and Cover Flow view mode and change from the a dual pane to a single pane window. In addition, Transmit seamlessly integrates Mac OS X’s Quick Look feature, a fact that helps you preview files before transferring them.
Transmit For Mac Features
- Get files on your iDisk, faster than the Finder!
- More secure choices made Mac simple
- Edit any remote file, in any app – even graphics!
- Create drag-and-droplets from your favorites
- Run tests, save reports, and have more control
- More options for your files and folders
- Upload faster than ever. See it in action!
- Easily add FTP steps to your workflow!
- Automatically sync favorites with all your Macs
- Connect to favorites in seconds, anywhere
- At last: browse the way Mac OS X intended
- Many connections, one window.
- Jump to your folders, per-favorite, instantly
- Safari-like and very expandable
- Narrow a long list of items in a flash
- Smoothly zoom that mystery thumbnail
- Drag in many files and say “go”!
- Set permissions on upload, automatically
- Transfer status at a glance, always
- Move files in record time
- Upload as easily as dragging to the dock
- Use your Mac to shuttle; even go tab-to-tab!
- Drag to send, enter to rename: you know it already
- The result of eight years of FTP client for mac software experience
By accessing the Action drop-down menu, you can open the Info window, copy the file path or URL address, move items to Trash or the desired location, create duplicates, compress or label files. On top of that, you have the option to create new folders or files, refresh the list and open a folder in a new tab or new window.
Thanks to the built-in search form, you can quickly and effortlessly filter the displayed items as soon as you start typing. The Preferences window enables you to change the default FTP client and configure Transmit to synchronize your favorite items via iCloud or Dropbox.
What’s New in Transmit For Mac Software
- Preserve Modification Date now supported for Google Drive servers
- TLS connection re-attempts are now logged to transcript
- Preferences UI now properly enforces the 12 simultaneous transfers per server limit
- Explicitly Set max TLS Version for FTP/TLS connections
- An issue that prevented authentication of new One Drive for Business Servers
- S3 rules are now applied on file upload
- Resolved an issue that prevented connecting to FTP servers that send invalid PASV addresses
- Batch rename now works as expected with ISO-8859-2 characters
- Fixed an issue that prevented connections to some s3 clones
- Droplets created via “Save Droplet for Folder” no longer upload to the Server’s root
||Mac OS X 10.8.2, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina (10.15)
||Transmit For Mac Software V 5.6.2
||English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, and more