PhraseExpress is a text expander for Windows that eliminates repetitive typing and manages frequently used text snippets in customizable categories. Boilerplate templates can be stored together with bitmaps and RTF or HTML text formatting. The unique text prediction feature watches out for repetitive text patterns and offers to auto-complete such phrases. Smart algorithms analyze and learn your writing patterns, and suggest the most relevant ways to complete phrases and sentences.
The Autotext feature allows assigning a frequently used text such as your address, your signature, or a common phrase to a much shorter abbreviation. Whenever you type in the assigned abbreviation PhraseExpress will automatically replace it with the original text. For example, “ty” will be expanded to “thank you very much. Existing MS Office AutoCorrect entries can be imported for use in any Windows program, not just MS Office. The software automatically recognizes unwanted Autotexts and suppresses the text replacement the next time you enter the Autotext.
The Clipboard Cache enhances the native Windows clipboard functionality by remembering all items that are copied to the clipboard and storing them for later pasting. It can optionally remove any text formatting from the clipboard contents. Powerful macro functions can add dynamic contents to static phrases such as the current date, counters, or additional manual input. Phrases can be linked or nested. Macros can also launch programs or open documents triggered by shortcuts. Entering ‘calc’ may open the Windows calculator program or striking the hotkey CTRL-F8 may offer a Google search query of a highlighted text on-the-fly.
||Windows 8 or 10 (32 and 64 bit)
||110 MB free disk space
||PhraseExpress Text Expander V 15.0.77 For Windows
||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Chinese
PhraseExpress Text Expander For Windows Features
- Text Snippets Manager: This software organizes your frequently used text snippets in customizable categories for quick access.
- Autotext: The tool saves keystrokes by expanding text abbreviations into full-text snippets. E.g. typing ‘sig’ could insert your signature into any program.
- Auto-Complete: The program recognizes repetitive text input automatically and offers to auto-complete full sentences on demand.
- Spelling Correction: This software includes a system-wide spelling correction with more than 10,000 spelling corrections in seven languages.
- Clipboard Manager: While the standard Windows Clipboard keeps only the last copied data, the Clipboard Manager keeps recently copied clipboard contents for quick access and insertion into any application.
- Built-In Pocket Calculator: No calculator at hand while you work on a document? The tool can perform calculations as you type.
- Program Launcher: Launch programs simply by entering a text shortcut. For example, type ‘word’ to launch Microsoft Word or ‘exc’ to open a spreadsheet.
- Email Signatures: Phrase Express can manage your email signature templates for use in any mail program, such as Outlook, Lotus Notes, or Thunderbird. Dynamic contents can be embedded from ActiveDirectory/LDAP.
Pros and Cons Of PhraseExpress Text Expander For Windows
|Uses keyboard combinations to insert text snippets
|Expands Clipboard capacities
|Corrects what you write automatically
|Highly detailed configuration options
Q: Is this tool safe?
A: This software is safe! We are an established company with a track record of more than 20 years and registered in Germany, a country with one of the strictest privacy laws in the world. PhraseExpress never sends any of your text input or saved phrases anywhere.
Q: Is PhraseExpress free?
A: This tool is a versatile and efficient program that can help you ease all types of repetitive tasks. It’s completely free, and although it may take some getting used to, especially for novice users, the benefits are worth the effort in the end.
PhraseExpress is a very useful text expander for Windows 10 program, which can help you increase the speed and quality of your work. It comes packed with text auto-fill capabilities and many configurable settings that suit beginners and experts alike.