PeaZip 64-bit is an amazing Zip/Unzip software, and Rar file extractor and converter, supporting over 150 archive formats. PeaZip is a freeware WinZip and WinRar alternative providing a complete and elegant general-purpose file archiver and File Manager Utility for Windows, Linux, and BSD.
The program features a powerful unified cross-platform GUI providing the same look and feel under all supported operating systems, and unlike most of the other classic archive managers, it is natively portable. PeaZip 64-bit project is based on the solid and proven technology of 7-Zip project for handling many mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source file compression tools (FreeARC, PAQ, UPX) for supporting additional file formats and features, and comes localized in 29 languages.
Alongside data compression and decompression, the file manager component supports search, bookmarks, use of online cloud disk services, batch rename, view and edit images (resize, optimize, convert), verify hash and checksum, find duplicate files, update existing archives, and try to open/analyze custom file types as archives. The application is especially focused on security: strong encryption of archives, optional two-factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure data deletion, integration with antivirus and anti-malware for scanning compressed files, etc… Tasks created in the GUI can be saved and scheduled as batch scripts, i.e. to help automate backup / restore operations, or for fine-tuning tasks using the flexibility of console.
Benefits of PeaZip For Windows
Free RAR TAR ZIP files extractor, unzip utility for Windows
PeaZip is a free archiver software providing powerful multi-format archive manager and complete file explorer. *As archive extractor PeaZip can unzip 180+ archive formats: 001, ACE(*), ARJ, CAB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RAR/RAR5, R01, UDF, ZIPX.
As for archive creation, PeaZip free archiver compress files to 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ, PEA, SFX, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, and ZIP format.
This software offers full read / write support for multi-volume spanned (split) archives, and encrypted (password protected) data.
PeaZip supports drag & drop extraction / archiving, full integration with Windows context menu, provides user-friendly GUI relying on solid, proven Open Source technologies of 7-Zip, p7zip, FreeArc, PAQ projects.
Compress, open, extract, encrypt, backup, split files
PeaZip free archiver is focused on security, supports strong encryption, two-factor authentication (password and key-file), integrate encrypted password manager and secure delete functions for best protection of your online and offline data privacy. Depending on the chosen archiving format, PeaZip can encrypt/decrypt data using AES, Serpent, Twofish, and Blowfish ciphers.
PeaZip For Windows Software Features
Free archiver, 150+ file types supported zip files
Open, test and extract over 150 extensions: ACE, ARJ, CAB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RAR, R01, UDF, ZIPX files and more. Create and convert 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, SFX, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, and ZIP files. Manage spanned and encrypted archives.
Open Source WinZip WinRar alternative rar files
Zip utility with easy to use GUI featuring Drag&Drop support and MS Windows context menu integration. High speed, compression ratio, stability, and security, relying on proven Open Source technologies from 7-Zip, FreeArc, PAQ, UPX and another state of art projects.
Encrypt, backup, protect files
Strong encryption, two-factor authentication, encrypted password manager and secure deletion to protect the privacy of your data. Find duplicates, save backup scripts, split and merge files, and many other handy features to manage files with ease.
Other Features of PeaZip For Windows
PeaZip is a general-purpose file and archive manager application for a computer system, aiming to provide a cross-platform graphical interface for many Open Source archiving and compression utilities. The most important features that are offered by those utilities, through PeaZip, are the following:
- Creating archives in any of the supported archiving and compression formats(full list of which is provided in the following chapters)
- Updating an already existing archive
- Appending timestamp with date and time on the managed archive name for archiving and backup purpose
- Two factors (password and keyfile) authentication for the managed files and archives
- Extracting contents of any compressed file in any of the supported archiving and compression formats (full list of which is provided in the following chapters) archive
- Secure file and archive deletion from any storing unit of the computer system on which PeaZip runs
- Byte to byte comparison between tow files
- Check files in order to find duplicate files and to check files for corruption
- Splitting files and merging split volumes back to the original file
- Information list, which lists the content of selected files/archives. In info mode, it shows the number of files and archives, newer and older object’s date/time of last modification, total space occupation, and larger and smaller object’s size
- View content of a file or archive represented as hexadecimal values
- Graphical monitoring of all executed functions
As far as operating systems are concerned PeaZip is compatible with:
• All 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows
• All 32-bit Microsoft Windows(95/98/ΝΤ/2000/ΧP/Vista)
• All POSIX(all versions of Linux/all versions of BSD/all UNIX-like operating systems)
||PeaZip For Windows Software V 7.0.0
PeaZip For Windows PC lives up to expectations even though not the most powerful utility of its kind. It lets you take advantage of a handful of features, from simple archiving options to file management and security-related settings. It’s definitely worth a try if you’re looking for an alternative to the existing industry giants.