OpenShot Video Editor is a simple, yet powerful best free video editor software. It designed to be easy to use, quick to learn, and surprisingly powerful for Windows PC. OpenShot can take your videos, photos, and music files and help you to create the film you have always dreamed of. You can easily add sub-titles, transitions, and effects, and then export your film to DVD, YouTube, Vimeo, Xbox 360, and many other common formats. Download OpenShot Video Editor for PC today and create professional-level effects with this simple software.
Editing is kind of a solitary job. – Joe Dante
How do you use OpenShot?
Basic editing or creation of video using this software can be done in five simple steps.
1) Importing the contents: Before you start making a video, you must import files into the ‘Project Files’ library section, just drag and drop all the files from your desktop that are necessary for you to make an edit.
2) Arranging the contents: Maintain the content on your ‘Timeline’ by simply dragging a certain content and organizing it into a sequence you planned. The editor automatically creates a smooth change between each media file.
3) Add Music: To make the project even more exciting, you can add music. Remember that the timeline for music and video files are separated from one another—the upper part is for videos while the lower part is for music.
4) Preview: Afterward, you can proceed to preview what your video looks and sounds like, just click the ‘Play’ button under the preview window.
5) Export Video: Once you are satisfied with the preview result of your output, you can immediately export it by pressing the ‘Export Video‘ button to start the exporting process.
System Requirements for OpenShot best Free Video Editing Software
||Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
||Intel, AMD, or compatible processor with the working frequency at 1.5 GHz or higher
||1 GB RAM
||300 MB free disk space
||1024 x 768 pixels with 16-bit color or higher
||Internet connection for activating the paid version
||OpenShot Video Editor V 2.5.1 for Windows
||OpenShot Studios, LLC.
Features of OpenShot Best Free Video Editor Software
- Cross-Platform: OpenShot is a cross-platform video editor, with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows. Get started and download the installer today.
- Trim & Slice: Quickly trim down your videos, and find those perfect moments. OpenShot has many easy ways to cut your video.
- Animation & Keyframes: Using a powerful animation framework, you can fade, slide, bounce, and animate anything in your video project.
- Unlimited Tracks: Add as many layers as you need for watermarks, background videos, audio tracks, and more.
- Video Effects: Using the video effects engine, remove the background from your video, invert the colors, adjust brightness, and more.
- Audio Waveforms: Visualize your audio files as waveforms, and even output the waveforms as part of your video.
- Title Editor: Adding titles to your video has never been easier. Use one of the templates, or make your own.
- 3D Animations: Render beautiful 3D animated titles and effects, such as snow, lens flares, or flying text.
- Slow Motion & Time Effects: Control the power of time, reversing, slowing down, and speeding up video. Use a preset or animate the playback speed and direction.
- 70+ Language: OpenShot is available in many different languages and can be translated online with LaunchPad.
- Simple User Interface: We have designed OpenShot to be the easiest and friendliest video editor ever. Give it a try and see for yourself.
- Desktop Integration: Drag and drop video, audio, or images directly from your file manager into OpenShot. It’s that easy to get started.
Pros and Cons of OpenShot Best Free Video Editor
|A great choice for beginner editors
||Doesn’t provide the same high level of detail that Shotcut gives
|Serves numerous animations
||Quick to learn
|Sleek and intuitive user interface
What’s new in this version
- UTF-8 Project Encoding Bug Fix (for non-ASCII characters)
- Thumbnail Server UTF-8 Encoding
- Auto-Repair UTF-8 Corrupted Projects
- Updated Documentation (with Auto-Update)
- Updated Translations / Supporters
- Misc Bug Fixes
OpenShot is a great simple efficient free video editing software that is highly recommended to use by beginner editors. It will effectively introduce you to the editing world and provide you professional results that can be done in the easiest way possible. Although it can’t possibly give you a high level of details Shotcut serves regarding color correction, it is still the better app to choose if you aim to grab the attention of your viewers through animations.