FL Studio for Mac is a complete software music production environment or Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Representing more than 18 years of innovative developments it has everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music. It is now one of the world’s most popular DAWs and is used by the most creative artists.
FL Studio is a powerful software solution that allows the creation of songs and loops using professional tools such as state of the art mixers, equalizers, integrated instruments and more. Although it is such powerful software, it is quite easy to install FL Studio. It takes a while, but only because it has to copy a lot of instruments and samples.
Less experienced users or those who have never worked with a similar program before might not have an easy time during the first use of FL Studio. It consists of a myriad of buttons corresponding to the multiple options available, which might seem a bit too much. Nonetheless, comprehensive Help contents are enclosed, so that, in time, beginners can also learn how to handle it.
FL Studio For Mac Features
- Internal 32 bit floating point mixing, up to 96kHz stereo.
- Supports DirectSound and ASIO enabled sound cards for audio output.
- Ability to function as a VSTi, DXi, and a ReWire client.
- Ability to host ReWire clients.
- Realtime linear interpolation & sophisticated interpolation algorithms at rendering time.
- Open architecture allowing third-party instruments (enhanced proprietary FL instruments standard, VSTi and DXi2) and effects (enhanced proprietary FL effects standard, VST, VST2, and DirectX).
- A full set of high-precision mastering and special effects filters: reverb, compressor, procedural equalizer, distortion, phaser, flanger, bass boost, delay line and other.
- Advanced sequencing methods allowing quick entering of realistic drum loops (step sequencing grid) and composing complex instrumentals (advanced piano roll, arpeggiator, keyboard tracking, real-time gate).
- Unique note properties morphing ability (pitch, cutoff, resonance, panning).
- Advanced mixer by 68 mixer tracks (64 inserts and 4 send tracks) supporting up to 8 filters each; mixer tracks rerouting for creating of complex mixer chains; track recording with ASIO input support (for recording MIDI, vocals, etc.); integrated procedural equalizer, volume and panning for each mixer track.
- Integrated instruments with Sampler, TS404 (the popular bassline engine), 3xOSC (subsynth), Plucked! (plucked strings), MIDI Out, DX10 (FM synth), Scratcher (turntable emulator), WaveTraveller (wave bend synth), Wasp (demo), SimSynth Live (demo), and more.
- Advanced playlist & full-featured audio tracks.
- Live recording of control movements & integrated automation events editor.
- Easy MIDI remote controlling of most parameters (VST plugins supported as well).
- Procedural control over parameters by using special controller plugins.
- Click removal & volume ramping to avoid pops.
- Imports *.WAV, *.SYN (SimSynth 1 & 2), *.DS (DrumSynth) files, with effects applied.
- Imports MIDI sequences and controller events.
- Exports audio to 16Bit or 32Bit *.WAV file, *.MP3.
- Can export MIDI notes & controller events to a standard MIDI file.
Other Features Of FL Studio For Mac
- Vectorial Interface: Resize and rearrange the user interface.
- Automation Recording & Editing: Record lives control movements and edit.
- VST & ReWire Support: Use FL Studio as a VST plugin or with ReWire.
- Multi-touch: Designed for touch control.
- Live DJ Control: Powerful live performance, clip-triggering.
- Advanced Help System: Context-aware manual (press F1).
- MIDI Learn: Powerful MIDI controller linking options.
- Visualizer effects Plugin: Render 4K videos straight from FL Studio.
||2Ghz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 (or later) compatible CPU with full SSE2 support. The faster your CPU and more cores it has the more you will be able to do simultaneously.
||1 Gb or more RAM recommended
||1 Gb free disk space
||Soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO/ASIO2 compatible required for audio recording
||FL Studio For PC V 188.8.131.527
||Windows- 881.44 MB
Mac: 767.12 MB
||Windows (All Versions) /Mac (All Versions)
||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese
FL Studio For Mac is quite light on computer resources, yet a faster machine allows users to perform more actions at the same time or edit tracks without being bothered by huge loading times. Also, you should know that significant storage space is required for saving the generated tunes, as well as the additional samples and instruments that one may download from the Internet.
FL Studio For Mac is a well-rounded and efficient piece of software, yet it is mostly dedicated to professionals, as many novices might find it confusing.