Bitwarden Password Manager is a free and open-source password management service that stores sensitive information such as website credentials in an encrypted vault. The Bitwarden platform offers a variety of client applications including a web interface, desktop applications, browser extensions, mobile apps, and a CLI. Bitwarden offers a cloud-hosted service as well as the ability to deploy the solution on-premise.
Bitwarden Password Manager is the easiest and safest way to store all of your passwords and logins credentials while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you are using very effectively but the hacker is watching over you every time from anywhere. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden Password Manager Features
- Sharing: Securely share and manage logins, secret keys, and more with users across your organization.
- Access Control: Implement fine-grained access control policies and organize your vault with collections.
- File Storage: Store & share sensitive files such as private keys, certificates, documents, photos, and more.
- Vault Health Reports: Practice good password hygiene by auditing your vault with insightful reports.
- User Groups: Use groups for easier user management and greater control across departments and teams.
- Directory Sync: Sync groups and users from Active Directory (and other LDAP), Azure, G Suite, and Okta.
- Event Logs: Review an audit trail of actions and changes performed by your organization’s users.
- RESTful API Access: Flexible APIs allow you to integrate your organization with other tools and systems.
- On-premises Hosting: Easily deploy and host Bitwarden on-premises with no dependency on external cloud services.
- Multi-factor Authentication: Enforce multi-factor login policies for your users by integrating with Duo Security.
- Open-source codebase
- Items types such as Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities
- Password history, so you can see your previous passwords on Logins
- Secure sharing of vault items with other Bitwarden users
- Auto-fill login information into websites and other applications
- Password generator
- Two-factor authentication via authenticator apps, email, Duo, YubiKey, and FIDO U2F
- File attachments
- TOTP key storage and code generator
- Data breach reports and password exposure checks through Have I Been Pwned?
- Cross-platform client applications
- Self-host the Bitwarden server on-premise
||Bitwarden Password Manager V 2.2.8
||8bit Solutions LLC
Bitwarden Password Manager stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it’s fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden Password Manager is 100% open-source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
Download Bitwarden Password Manager App